The Art of Not Breathing hits bookshelves in the US today!
To celebrate, here are my top five quotes about the ocean:
1. "The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." – Jacques Yves Cousteau
2. "We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea – whether it is to sail or to watch it – we are going back from whence we came." – John F. Kennedy
3. "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can’t.” – Christopher Paolini
4. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” – Kahlil Gibran
5. "For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it’s always ourselves we find in the sea." – e.e. cummings
Number five is my all time favourite – it's even at the beginning of The Art of Not Breathing. What's your favourite watery quote?