TO CELEBRATE BECOMING A PUBLISHED AUTHOR IN 2016 HERE ARE SIXTEEN THINGS ABOUT ME ...
1. I've travelled to 52 countries but I also have a teeny weeny fear of flying.
2. My top life experience to date is diving with manta rays in Thailand.
3. I love being at altitude. Aint no mountain high enough.
4. And at depth. (See #2)
5. I gave myself a pretty serious vitamin D deficiency writing THE ART OF NOT BREATHING.
6. When I was thirteen my SAT scores showed I had a reading age of nine.
7. My favourite word is 'discombobulated'. Related to #6 - when I was actually nine, I used the word discombobulated in a school project. The teacher crossed it out and told me I couldn’t make up words. *Sighs*
8. It takes me half an hour to decide whether to have tea or coffee (sometimes longer).
9. I’ve been millimetres away from a great white shark’s teeth.
10. I have virtually no sight in one eye.
11. I really want a ginger cat called Horatio.
12. My favourite band is The Kinks.
13. I can’t burp. Weird.
14. My favourite books are THE FARAWAY TREE series by Enid Blyton, THE BELL JAR by Sylvia Plath and THE BRONZE HORSEMAN trilogy by Paullina Simons.
15. I love jumping. In high school, I was the shortest girl in the year but the best high-jumper. I can’t go to a new place without taking a jumping picture, even though I have a busted ankle (which may or may not be from too much jumping).
16. I totally believe in the Loch Ness monster.